1. SAP HR/HCM Planing
There are many various forms of unit of time computer code and lots of enterprise unit of time computer code vendors. If you are associate degree unit of time director evaluating unit of time computer code solutions, the ERP trafficker SAP can in all probability air your short-list of prospective vendors. notwithstanding whether or not your HR-related perform is technology- or business-oriented, you will find data during this coaching tutorial to assistalong with your company's SAP HR/HCM designing.
2. Understanding SAP HR
- HR applications touch upon many processes in an organization, not to mention every employee. Implementing SAP HR or upgrading to SAP HR is a major commitment in terms of time and money that may make the HR department reconsider all of its people-facing policies, rules and goals in such a way as to ease the transition to SAP-supported business processes, taxonomies and tools.
- For SAP HR training, managers may be interested in reading books about SAP HR such as HR Personnel Planning and Development Using SAP and mySAP HR: Technical Principles and Programming. These two books explain the strategic scope of an SAP HR project as well as the technical details involved. In order to better understand the practice of HR in the e-business era, check out e-HR: Human Resourcesin the Digital Age. Excerpts from other SAP HR books and HCM from SAP Press books on the SearchSAP.com site.
- For SAP HR planning, begin with the SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) Solution Map to see what SAP is offering in terms of high-level functionality. You might also want to examine Structures in SAP HR for a look at nuts-and-bolts functionality. If you still need more business context, read the SAP ERP HCM overview.
- Another important skill is being able to change settings in SAP HCM, so you can configure SAP HCM to your company's specific policies. It might come in handy to know where to find the settings pertaining to retroactive accounting in SAP HR payroll. Other good HR skills to have are knowing how to limit quota deduction amounts or how to make an SAP HR change from the calendar year to the fiscal year.
3. Making a business case for SAP HR
An HR manager or IT manager may have to make a business case for SAP HR. They can get the ROI numbers and benefits lined up by measuring the value of SAP HR solutions. It will help to know the weaknesses of SAP HR. Deploying an SAP enterprise application is often a long-term commitment, and you'll need to conduct your due diligence throughout the evaluation process. One idea is to specify key functionality and use weighted criteria in picking your human resources software vendor of choice.
4. Implementing SAP HR
- If you decide on SAP as your HR/HCM solution, you may want to consult an SAP HR implementation guide. Most companies have to tweak the SAP HR/HCM module, which is why it pays to know about optimizing HR with custom objects.
- The core of SAP HR management and planning is to translate board-, executive- and regulation-driven goals into policies that touch all employees and govern the processes surrounding the employee lifecycle, from recruitment to post-termination record-keeping. That's a vast undertaking, but one that makes more sense if you break it up into smaller segments. Start by thinking of SAP HR as a set of administrative tools that lets you drive HR policies into the heart of an organization.
5. Consolidating multiple HR applications
- Many companies that have opened offices in other countries or grown through mergers and acquisitions have found themselves with multiple human resources systems from different vendors. More of these organizations are consolidating human resources software applications to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) of applications and the cost of service delivery, as well as to get more accurate information.
- In 2007 Inverness Medical Innovations acquired a company called BioSite, which was using HCM software-as-a-service from Workday Inc. By early 2009, Inverness had acquired a total of 70 companies, and wanted one primary HCM solution. Inverness was considering Workday's HCM SaaS product as well as SAP HCM, since many of the companies that Inverness had previously acquired were using SAP ERP for financials.