- The Energy Data Management (SAP IS-U-EDM) component is fully integrated into the SAP IS-U system and can be installed in an existing SAP IS-U system as a new component. SAP IS-U-EDM is also integrated into Intercompany Data Exchange (SAP IS-U-IDE). This component allows for data exchange in standardized formats and enables the integration of cross-company business processes. SAP IS-U-EDM allows you to bill profiles in SAP IS-U. Profiles are prepared in SAP IS-U-EDM and transferred to SAP IS-U billing via an internal interface. This allows you to bill new types of contracts, such as spot purchases.
- SAP IS-U-EDM also interfaces with automated meter reading systems.
- Energy Data Management covers the following areas:
- Central database for energy data (Energy Data Repository)
- Settlement and scheduling using the settlement workbench
- Billing profiles using Real-Time-Pricing Billing
4.Importing Profile Values
- You can import profile values using a standard interface as follows:
- Using BAPIs of type ISUPROFILE. Upload (IDoc of type ISUPROFILE_UPLOAD1)
- Using BAPIs of type MSCONS
- You can monitor the profile value import
4.Profile Display and Editing
- Microsoft® Excel has been integrated into IS-U-EDM via an OLE (object linking and embedding) interface.This interface allows you to:
- Display profile values in Microsoft® Excel.
- Change profile values in Excel and save the changes in an Excel file.
- Export profile values (including status) from SAP IS-U-EDM to an Excel file and edit them at your workstation.
- Import elementary profile values (including status) from an Excel file into SAP IS-U-EDM.
- The system performs predefined consistency checks during the import process.