SAP ESS – SAP Employee Self Service is an web enabled tool used to update their own datas by the employee itself.
SAP MSS - SAP Manager Self Service is an web enabled tool used for Managers to take report or update the datas of subordinate. To implement LEAVE REQUEST & APPROVAL, both SAP ESS and SAP MSS are not mandatory. But ESSis required.However this functionality is developed to be avaialable in MSS also if a client wants have bothESS and MSS. Without MSS, the business flow of Leave request would be in ESS is like this:
1. An employee wants to take two weeks of leave. He or she accesses the Leave Request Web application. He or she sees in the Team Calendar that other team members also have leave at the same time. Nonetheless, he or she requests leave for the planned period.
2. The leave requires approval. The system automatically determines the approver responsible and lists the name in the Web application. If required, the employee can overwrite the name of the approver.
SAP Employee & Manager Self Service
1. Navigation in the Enterprise Portal and Business Packages
2. ESS Services in the BP for ESS
3. Setting up the Enterprise Portal
4. User Management
5. Customizing ESS Applications
6. Team Viewer
7. Employee Information
8. Attendance Overview and Team Calendar
9. Personnel Change Requests
11. Enterprise Compensation Management
12. Performance Management, Competency Management and Reminder of dates
13. Quota Planning
14. Cross Application Time Sheet